This one-day workshop will enable delegates to facilitate an emotion and memory-processing treatment group programme for individuals with complex presentations of PTSD following multiple traumatic experiences.
Based on the existing evidence-base and treatment guidelines for CPTSD, the group programme adopts a phase-based approach, incorporating a skills training in affective and interpersonal regulation phase, a memory-processing phase, and a consolidation phase. The group programme has been published as a case series in the European Journal of Psychotraumatology.
Topics will include:
- An overview of the current evidence-base and treatment guidelines for CPTSD
- A summary of the development and facilitation of the group programme
- A comprehensive guide on how to facilitate each of the group sessions, including:
- o Flipchart photographs from the group exercises
- o Psychoeducation videos
- o Group exercises for delegates to illustrate the effectiveness of particular interventions
- o Opportunities for group discussion
- A summary of the results, client feedback and the recommended adaptations
An electronic copy of the group manual is available on request, which includes all relevant material required to facilitate the group.
Dr Georgina Clifford is the Clinical Director of London Trauma Specialists. She is a trauma specialist and experienced Clinical Psychologist who specialises in the assessment and treatment of Complex PTSD. With more than a decade of clinical experience in this area, Georgina led cutting-edge research on new treatments for complex trauma as a PhD candidate at the Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, University of Cambridge.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone working clinically with clients with complex trauma presentations, including Clinical and Counselling Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Psychiatrists, CBT therapists, Counsellors and Trainees.