Rachel de Thample, Made In Hackney Ambassador, Author, Chef, Forager & Preserver
This Masterclass is part of our 'VIP Series', working with experts who are renowned in their field. The class will include:·
- A foraging walk to identify seasonal wild food (and sample tasters made with wild foods along the way)
- How to identify and cook wild plants like alexanders, jack-by-the-hedge, hawthorn leaves and blossom, hop shoots, ramsons, sweet violet, wild lime leaves, lemon balm and more
- Healthy, sugar-free preserving tips to help you capture seasonal, wild food gluts
- Sampling wild food dishes such as a Coconut & Wild Greens Dip, Nettle & Hazelnut Gnocchi, Griddled Wild Asparagus, Smoked Beetroot & Three-Cornered Leek Soup with Fennel Sourdough Crumpets and Dandelion Butter, Strawberry & Lemon Balm Sorbet, a Fermented Sparkling Elderflower Drink, and teas made with foraged leaves and flowers
- Tips on where and how to forage, the health benefits of wild foods, and how to incorporate them into your everyday meals
- A delicious organic plant based lunch and recipes to keep
Rachel de Thample has worked in the kitchens of Marco Pierre White, Heston Blumenthal and Peter Gordon. Rachel is the author of Less Meat, More Veg, FIVE, Tonics & Teas, and has served as the Head of Food for the pioneering organic box scheme Abel & Cole, where she developed a number of foraging guides and recipes. She’s also supplied local chefs and Crystal Palace Food Market, which she helped set up, with wild food. She currently teaches preserving courses at River Cottage HQ in Devon.
Fee: £99 (£75 Concession**) includes a delicious plant based organic lunch.
* This fee is used to fund our programme of free courses to vulnerable and low-income community groups. By attending a Made In Hackney masterclass you get a great day of learning AND you’re providing our charity with essential funds for us to continue our work with vulnerable community groups.
** Concessionary rate available for students, pensioners, unemployed and low waged
Vouchers: To redeem a voucher purchased on our site, please contact us to book a place. If contacting us by email please attach your voucher. If telephoning, have your voucher to hand so you can quote the voucher number. N.B. For classes in our VIP Series an additional fee will apply
For information: email@example.com / 020 8442 4266
Location: Made In Hackney, Food For All Basement, 3 Cazenove Rd, Stoke Newington, London, N16 6PA. Regretfully, the kitchen is not wheelchair accessible.