Mother and daughter duo and passionate cooks, Aman and Sandeep of @wearetnk will show you how to make an Indian brunch bursting with flavour, sharing plenty of tips and tricks for cooking with a range of Indian spices.
This class will include:
- How to make Bombay aloo (spicy potatoes), delicately flavoured with mustard seeds
- Learn to make the perfect tofu scramble with a few fiery notes
- Give your baked beans a makeover by learning to make healthier masala beans
- How to make wonderfully warming and health-boosting masala chai
- Opportunity to ask Aman and Sandeep questions
- Recipe handout
For ingredients and equipment needed see below
About Aman and Sandeep
Mother and daughter duo, Aman and her mum Sandeep, are experienced cooks and specialists in Indian cooking. They have a passion for sharing the diverse authentic dishes and styles of cooking across India, as well as the stories behind this flavour-packed cuisine.
You can find Aman and Sandeep on Instagram: @wearetnk
- 1 saucepan
- 1 frying pan
- 1 frying pan with lid
- Chopping board
- Can opener
- Small sieve
- Measuring jug
- Serving plates
- 2 black English tea bags
- 100-150 ml oat milk
- 2 mugs boiling water
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Sugar or maple syrup to sweeten to taste
- 1 medium bell pepper - we love red ones!
- 150g plain tofu block
- 1 fresh green chilli
- 1x 415g can beans in tomato sauce (eg Heinz)
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 large handfuls coriander leaves
- 2-3 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 6-8 cashew nuts - optional
- 10 tablespoon preferred cooking oil (eg vegetable, rapeseed)
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
Fee*: £20 Standard / £10 Concessions**/ £5 Unwaged
*All funds raised go towards our community meal service providing free nutritious, tasty meals to households who need them during these challenging times.
**Concessionary rate available for students, pensioners and low waged
If you are able to donate to our crowdfunder please visit https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/...
If you would like to be added to our FREE online community class mailing list - just drop a line to email@example.com. Please note that, in the interest of fairness, opportunities to attend free classes are limited.
Refunds: we require a minimum of 24 hours' notice for any cancellations or transfers once you have booked onto a class.
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 8442 4266
Location: Zoom, details to be provided via email (usually the day before the class). Check your junk mail if need be!