TRAIN A TEAM OF UP TO 6 FOR £725 (£870 inclusive of VAT) in your own kitchens, or one of our London venues*
The number of UK people adopting a Vegan diet has grown by 360% in the last decade.
Many more are seeing the link between what they eat, their health, and the impacts on the planet and climate change, and choosing to reduce their meat and dairy intake.
Whilst there are many plant-protein 'meats' coming on the market, many of them contain allergens such as soy, and other fillers and oils that may not appeal to health conscious customers. We show you how to make your own delicious meaty tastes, to create great dishes for customers looking for plant-based.
If you're not catering well for these customers, chances are your competitors will be.
This course is specifically designed for Restaurants, Hotels, Cafes and other food-service businesses, to provide them with the knowledge and skills required to introduce delicious and interesting plant-based dishes to their menu, so they can attract more customers.
This is an in-house onsite service where our experienced team of chefs come to YOU, so your team learn with your equipment, building on their knowledge, skills, and ideas, to ensure they can easily implement everything they learn into your day-to-day operations.
Cooking with plant proteins is different to working with animal proteins, and this course will provide you with the principles, techniques, information on specialist ingredients and more so that your team can make delicious, innovative plant-led dishes that will make any food loving customer happy.
The class will include:
- An overview of how to create great 'meaty' flavours and textures using only plant-based ingredients
- How to make meaty tastes and textures using specific ingredients such as jack-fruit, mushrooms, tempeh, tofu, soy, pea protein and more
- Techniques for creating smokey and cured meat type flavours
- An extensive overview of the principles of using plant ingredients to achieve great flavour and texture
- Learn which ingredients often unexpectedly contain non-vegan elements, so you can avoid using these when creating your plant-based dishes
- Learn about the operational considerations for catering to customers wanting plant-based dishes, in the context of storage of ingredients, creating segregated workflows, separate equipment etc, to avoid cross-contamination (taking into consideration HACCP & regulations)
- Learn about the nutrition of each of the plant-based ingredients, and their functional benefits
- Learn about the protein structures of each of the ingredients, and how they are best paired with other ingredients to provide nutritionally balanced dishes
- You'll enjoy tastings throughout the session, and all recipes provided
- Other dates exist, book here
Fee: £870 for up to 6 attendees, inclusive of VAT, which includes all food ingredients and copies of recipes
Cancellation / Refunds: We require at least 7 days' notice for any cancellations or transfers once classes have been booked. We regret that refunds can not be granted if this minimum cancellation period is not provided.
For information, or further questions: email@example.com, 07810311742
* Our London training venues are located in Clapham, Victoria and London Bridge. An additional hire fee will be charged for use of one of these venues.