"I'll show you how to bake a stunning Yule log scene decorated with chocolate ganache, fruit compote and a vegan mousse – as well as gingerbread sandwich cookies with a Swiss buttercream filling. We’ll create a showstopper scene using different components that work together as a complete dessert, or individually to create other delicious festive treats." Kerran Kaur, expert plant based baker.
This masterclass will include:
- How to use different vegan baking ingredient staples that will solve all your vegan cake baking challenges
- Baking a chocolate swiss roll using vegan egg substitute aqua faba (chickpea water)
- Making a refined sugar-free fruit compote for flavouring mousses, cake fillings and topping breakfast foods like porridge and pancakes
- How to work with sea moss gel to make a mousse for the filling of our yule log
- Making a divine chocolate ganache frosting which can be used to make truffles and other desserts and how to use it to create a log/woody effect
- Making a vegan gingerbread cookie dough which you can turn into Christmas tree decorations or a gingerbread house
- Making a low-sugar Swiss meringue buttercream suitable for cookies and cakes using high quality chef grade ingredients.
- How to use this buttercream to create beautiful gingerbread sandwich cookies, perfect as Christmas gifts or to create a forest scene for our yule log
- Take home your baked creations
- A delicious organic plant based lunch
- Recipe pack
- FREE ONLINE CLASS OF YOUR CHOICE*
Kerran is Head chef and Baker at the Fields Beneath a vegan café in Kentish Town and works as a recipe developer for organic wholefood brand Aja and Nova. She runs supper clubs and pop ups showcasing how to add more plant based wholefoods to diets within different cultures, and how to bake with healthier ingredients.
All proceeds from our masterclasses help fund our community meal service which has become a critical food support service delivering 70,000 free nutritious, tasty meals per year to households struggling to access food, and is needed now more than ever by our community.
Single workstation: £125
Double workstation (share with someone from your household/ social bubble): £230
Prices include VAT
*email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your free online class once you have booked your ticket
Note On Ticket Price Change
Apologies we have had to pause offering a concession rate for our paying in-person cookery classes. Due to the pandemic we cannot fit as many people in the kitchen which means classes generate less vital revenue needed to keep the charity going.
We are still offering tiered ticket prices for our brilliant online live cookery classes (£5-£30), recordings of live classes (£3-£20) and everyone is welcome to sign up to our FREE to attend in-person and online community class newsletter list by emailing email@example.com. Thank you for your understanding.
Refunds/transfers: we require a minimum of 7 days' notice for any cancellations or transfers once you have booked onto a class to enable us to try to resell your ticket.
Please understand our charity needs time to enable us to try to resell your tickets as we rely heavily on the income generated. You are also welcome to give your ticket to a friend or family member in case of last minute illness (just email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know).
Vouchers: To redeem a voucher purchased on our site, please contact us to book a place. If contacting us by email please attach your voucher. If telephoning, have your voucher to hand so you can quote the voucher number.
For information: email@example.com / 020 8442 4266
Location: Made In Hackney, Liberty Hall*, 128 Clapton Common, Spring Hill, Clapton, London, E5 9AA, UK
*Liberty Hall is a black and white village hall building with a gable roof at the top of Spring Hill, just by the common
You will have your own set of equipment at your own workstation and our venue is well-ventilated.
Made In Hackney uses cereals containing gluten namely: wheat (spelt and khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats; peanuts; all other nuts; sesame; all other seeds; soybeans; celery and celeriac; mustard; sulphur dioxide/sulphites; lupin; tomatoes and other allergens in it's classes. Our food is freshly prepared in our busy cookery school kitchen that handles allergens, so we cannot guarantee that our food and drinks are allergen-free. Even in classes where these ingredients are not being used, they will be on site in our store rooms and our equipment will have previously come into contact with them. Participants attend at their own risk.