UNISON West Midlands invites you and your community to join us for the third UNISON Regional Games!
Sat 21st July, 09:00 – 16:00
Holford Drive Community Sports Hub
101 Holford Drive, Perry Barr
Birmingham B42 2TU
The UNISON Games are a free community sports event for UNISON members and staff plus our friends and family, in the broadest sense of the word - anyone who you know is welcome to join us.
You can see photos of the 2016 Games here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskCpYfAT
...and the 2017 Games here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm14y1E7
We would love for you and your community to be involved in making the 2018 Games happen – you can register now to be there at this link: http://bit.ly/UWMRG18
We are very excited to announce the following special guests:
- The West Midlands’ only female pro boxer, Lauren 'the Black Widow' Johnson
- Pat Reeves, World Champion Powerlifter, former marathon winner and cancer survivor from Kingswinford
- Cat Smith, British Junior Deadlift Record holder https://www.instagram.com/catsmith95/
- AFC Unity, socially progressive women's footie team from Sheffield
- The Easton Cowboys and Cowgirls from Bristol - world spanning sports and social club who once had Banksy as goalie http://eastoncowboys.org.uk/
...with more still to be confirmed!
Sports and activities include:
- Monster 5-a-side football tournament - mens/womens/mixed/kids
- Cricket with Continental Star Cricket Club
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu with Gracie Barra Wolverhampton
- Cardio challenges
- Strength training tasters
- Dance workshops
- Stalls and talks
- Delicious food to suit all diets
Could we ask you to please do 2 things?
1. We are looking for 5-a-side football teams of all ages, genders, and ability. If you would like to enter a team then please get each member to register now using this link:http://bit.ly/UWMRG18
2. Share this registration link and the attached poster and flyer with anyone who you'd like to come on the day, whether to take part or just to watch and enjoy themselves: http://bit.ly/UWMRG18
It’s all free, and all sports participants and volunteers also get free food.
We really hope you can join us, and we look forward to seeing you there.