Record a live performance straight to vinyl at this year's Secret 7" exhibition!
Book a 15 minute slot in our purpose built acoustically treated recording room at Sonos Studio. When you're ready to record, our engineers will cut your performance live to a 7" in the adjacent room. It will be truly one-of-a-kind, just like the sleeves in our exhibition.
This is a rare opportunity to make your own record – be it a musical performance, spoken word or even a personal message. We welcome all types of ability, in the spirit of Secret 7" this is intended to be fun!
Have a listen to the recording from Charles Watson from Slow Club in The Public Records last year:
There are a few guidelines you should carefully read before booking. It is essential we follow all of these in order for us all to get the best out of this novel experience:
- It's essential you arrive 15 minutes prior to your chosen time
- Your session will be a maximum of 15 minutes long
- There is a maximum of three performers allowed in the room
- You will have one take in your 15 minutes to record live to 7"
- Your recording must be no longer than 5 minutes
- There will be a short sound check before the take to get levels for the recording
- You will not have headphones and will hear only what is coming from your instruments
- You must only use the musical equipment provided, listed below
The follow instruments will be there for you to use with the greatest respect:
- Vocal mic x 3
- Acoustic guitar x 2
- Digital electric piano
- Various hand percussion
You may bring your own acoustic instrument if you wish. Please contact us in advance if you have any special requests or questions regarding that.
The performances and live cutting of vinyl will all be visible to the public.
As there were a few requests last year, we will also be supplying you with a digital copy of your recording after the event.
All the profits from these events will be added to our total raised for Amnesty International UK.
We look forward to hearing you!