*NB This event has been postponed*
We are UPPERCASE Digital and we believe that social media is a powerful marketing and creative tool. But we also know how important it is to set realistic goals, find ways to save time and effort, and balance having a brilliant online presence with making sure you still have time to focus on your core business.
Come and learn how to get the best out of social media for business with us with the next sessions of our Social Media School . We have proven experience of growing social media followings for media brands, small businesses and charities, and while we normally offer one-to-one consultations, we have partnered with deli and work hub Culver + Nelson to offer group courses, back by popular demand following two successful runs.
Workshop 1: Kickstarting Instagram
Wednesday 18th March
Culver + Nelson, Upper Richmond Road, East Sheen
A repeat of our sold-out February session, this is an introduction to Instagram. The platform can be great for business: it's user-friendly, popular and inspirational. In this workshop we will show you around the app, explain its latest features, and guide you on the best and most effective way to use it. There will also be workshop exercises to help you generate ideas for your Instagram. You will leave with plenty of ideas and inspiration.
Points we will cover include the following:
- Why use Instagram?
- What is the difference between the grid, Instagram Stories and IGTV?
- How to optimise your profile page and why you are missing a trick if you don’t
- How to schedule content so you don’t need to be ‘on’ at all times
- A basic guide to what to post [NB. this is covered in more detail in other workshops
- Other apps to revolutionise your Instagram game eg. Linktree, Screen Recorder and Unfold
- How do hashtags work?
- How do sponsored posts work?
Workshop 2: Influencer Marketing – a panel discussion
Wednesday 25th March
Culver + Nelson, Upper Richmond Road
Influencer marketing is when you pay or gift items/services to people who then blog or post about your business, and it can work surprisingly well for small businesses as well as big ones. You may not think influencer marketing is for you - but this is the panel to prove you wrong! It is a great method for getting your message out there, and has become a huge industry in its own right. Our panel discussion, featuring experts with a deep knowledge of influencer marketing, will act as an introduction to this dynamic and constantly evolving area of social media. This session will also be a great chance for local businesses and bloggers to meet each other.
What the discussion will cover…
- What is influencer marketing and how does it work?
- What makes a good influencer campaign
- How to approach influencers
- What is the difference between gifting/freebies and a paid post?
- How to build long-term collaborations
- Things to watch out for/avoid when creating influencer campaigns
- The benefits of working with micro-influencers (people with between 5k -100k followers)
Workshops cost £45 each, which includes light refreshments from Culver + Nelson. We are offering a discount if you book both sessions, so you will pay a combined price of £80 instead of £90.
Please use the online booking form below to purchase your place, alternatively, you can pay in cash with no booking fee at Culver + Nelson.
If you have any questions, please email us on info@uppercasedigital or call or WhatsApp us on 07717744496.