This is the project of a universal experience, made possible by the artistic encounter with engineering innovation.
PYRAMIDION TWIN is the continuity of the monumental sculpture PHARES, imagined by the artist-engineer Milène Guermont. This pyramid of 30 m in height is born on Place de la Concorde in 2015 (movie: https://tinyurl.com/zryjtkr) and dialogues with the Obelisk of Luxor and with the Eiffel Tower (movie: https://tinyurl.com/hyafnha).
PYRAMIDION TWIN is an interactive sculpture of golden metal & light measuring 4 m in height, born in June 2018 in front of Trinity House. As the Obelisks are designed in pairs, a twin work, PYRAMIDION, is born in Paris in February (movie of its installation at UNESCO: https://bit.ly/2IsCpHm)
Each evening of this summer, PYRAMIDION TWIN lights up automatically except on June 29: you can illuminate this luminous pyramid to your own heartbeat by putting your finger into its connected cardiac sensor. At a distance you can also see its light pulsate at your own heart rhythm through www.youlightme.com, personalize the short video that comes with it and share it by email or social networks.
After London, this mini-pyramid will travel. To welcome it to your country, contact us.
YOU ARE PHARES!
- Birth of PYRAMIDION TWIN in London on June 23, 7 - 12 pm with a surprise performance at 21:21 by British soprano Katerina Mina and French sculptor Milène Guermont.
- Public interactions with PYRAMIDION TWIN through the cardiac sensor in London on June 23 for the International Women in Engineering Day, on June 29 for the London Festival of Architecture, on September 22 for the London Open House Day, 7 - 12 pm.
- Press tea-time in Paris on June 27 at 4 pm (confirm your presence svp).
- Long-distance interaction between the two PYRAMIDIONS for the Europe Heritage Days, September 14, 7 - 12 pm.
- Exhibition of PYRAMIDION TWIN in London and PYRAMIDION in Paris until October 1, 2018.
PYRAMIDION TWIN address: TRINITY HOUSE, Trinity Square, London EC3N 4DH, UK (Tube: Tower Hill)
PYRAMIDION address: ARTEMIA boat, Port de Solferino, Paris, FR (Métro: Musée d'Orsay)
Presentation and pictures of PHARES here, of PYRAMIDION there and of other artworks here
- Press officer: Julie Mathon firstname.lastname@example.org +33 6 23 55 33 46
- PA of Milène Guermont: email@example.com