The number of UK people adopting a Vegan diet has grown by 360% in the last decade.
Many more are seeing the link between what they eat, their health, and the impacts on the planet and climate change, and choosing to reduce their meat and dairy intake.
If you're not catering well for these customers, chances are your competitors will be.
Cooking with plant proteins is different to working with animal proteins, and this course will provide you with the principles, techniques, information on specialist ingredients and more so that your team can make delicious, innovative plant-led dishes that will make any food loving customer happy.
This course is specifically designed for Restaurants, Hotels, Cafes and other food-service businesses, to provide them with the knowledge and skills required to introduce delicious and interesting plant-based dishes to their menu, so they can attract more customers. It takes into consideration the specific FSA Food Safety Regulations, and other relevant regulations (e.g. food allergen regulations).
This is an online webinar where our experienced team of chefs share their knowledge, skills, tips & tricks in plant-based cooking, honed over several years in commercial kitchens, so you can feel more informed about implementing plant-based dishes into your day-to-day operations, your menu planning, and a review of the ingredients supplied by your key suppliers.
This Training course covers:
- An overview of plant-based cooking principles and techniques, and typical ingredients used to create texture, structure and flavour
- Learn the HUGE variety of plant-based grains, proteins and how each can be used to make everything from great salads, side dishes to exciting main courses, desserts, sauces, and more
- Learn about the nutrition of each of the plant-based ingredients, and their functional benefits, so that you can create dishes that appeal to health conscious consumers
- Learn about the protein content of key ingredients, and how each can be best paired with other ingredients to provide nutritionally balanced, and delicious dishes
- Learn about the operational considerations for catering to customers wanting plant-based dishes, in the context of storage of ingredients, creating segregated workflows, separate equipment etc, to avoid cross-contamination (taking into consideration HACCP & regulations)
- Learn which ingredients often unexpectedly contain non-vegan elements, so you can avoid using these when creating your plant-based dishes
- Get tips on good suppliers of key ingredients, with a key focus on UK produce
Fee: £15, which includes a handout
Cancellation / Refunds: We require at least 2 days' notice for any cancellations or transfers once classes have been booked. We regret that refunds can not be granted if this minimum cancellation period is not provided.
For information, or further questions: email@example.com, 07810311742