Getting ready for Uni life is an exciting time but rather daunting for a young person. Leaving home with no clue about making your own food can be a worry if they’ve never left home. Greenwich Pantry’s Cook & Eat team are running a two day course for pre Uni students who want to prep for Uni life and make the most of their time away from home.
Our workshops will help pre Uni students gain a solid overview of how to manage their time in the kitchen and gain essential skills for healthy living in Uni. Students can kiss goodbye to fish and chips every night of the week and keep a healthy Pantry for a balanced lifestyle. Our expert chefs will show you how to plan for meals and cook delicious recipes using ingredients that are easily accessible, share tips on cooking within healthy guidelines and 'wow' you with colourful nutrient rich food that you can replicate at home. We'll discuss label reading and how best to avoid unnatural E numbers that every human body can do without.
Learning new things about food is fun, and will open your mind to endless possibilities and with great group discussions this course will help everyone interested to learn kitchen and cooking skills for independent living as a student.
Working with our exprienced instructors, you wll leave with a sense of accomplishment and more importantly, confidence to plan, cook, make or bake your own food.
Here’s what to expect in your pre uni course
- Soft Drinks and nibbles throughout to keep you going
- Approachable and welcoming host team
- Easy to understand demonstration and instructions
- A well rounded overview of essential kitchen skills and cooking techniques to survive university and beyond
- Food to take home
- Hands-on cooking - individual and team work
- Recipes to your inbox and in class
- Meal Planning and shopping tips, shortcuts and best buys to stay in budget and health
- All facilities, equipment ingredients and handouts are included
- Meal planning, baking skills, knife skills, healthy eating and food preservation skills.
- Ability to shop and cook on your own
- Ability to improve your own recipes and be creative
- Ability to prepare food, with good quality, easily accessible ingredients
Food we make...
This course is made up of 4 sessions over two consecutive Saturdays.
Day 1 Session 1
Supermarket visit and food shopping
The first class will be an introduction to kitchen skills, meal planning and budgeting. We will visit a local supermarket and learn how to avoid food shopping disasters.
Day 1 Session 2
Essential bakes for Uni
We will learn to Bake some student favourites and classics includes Bread Rolls, Slab Cakes and Biscuits
Day 2 Session 3
This Session will cover essential knives skills, making Soups, Sauces and Mezes
Day 2 Session 4
This session will cover healthy eating essentials. How to maintain a balanced diet and maintain academic success.
We will prepare a three course meal you can use as your ‘go to’ meal for entertaining family and friends.
Maximum Participants 6
Address: Food Tech Room, Prendargast Vale College, Elmira Street, London SE13 7BN
This class is also available for private groups contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Bring your Swipii ’
Swipii allows you to visit nearby places and collect points. So don’t forget to swipe your card at each Cookery Class Greenwich Pantry cookery Class If you don’t have one, you can register for a card at the end of your class, because you’re worth it!