Come & have fun with Wendyhouse at a pottery workshop every week in Aberfoyle, enjoy the therapeutic benefits of working with clay. Take the opportunity to unleash your creativity. BOOKING IN ADVANCE ESSENTIAL
What we do
- learn how to use clay with an introduction to understanding & using the materials by creating some fantastic pots including bowls, mugs, soap dishes, votives etc
- learn how to be sensitive to the nuances of shaping clay with your hands by learning some ancient but still used hand building means for making a pot, make / decorate a bowl using either pinching or coiling techniques and learn how to throw a pot on the wheel.
- recap the techniques in making / decorating
- finishing off - glazing / painting the pots we have made over the last 3 x weeks
- 16, 23, 30 August, 06 September
+ TEA + BISCUITS & MAYBE EVEN CAKE !
- £10 per 2 hour lesson x 4
- £10 for materials
- TOTAL £50:00 for 4 weeks, £15 for single week
- all items will be fired twice, before & after glazing
- finished items can be collected / delivered approx 2 x week after the end of the block
- maximum group size = 6