A Positive Approach to Behaviour
This course examines realistic expectations and appropriate responses to the range of children's behaviours in the early years. This course is aimed at new EY practitioners, parents and those with little experience of supporting young children with challenging behaviour. The course focuses on the way that adults act and react to children when dealing with 'behaviour'. It challenges adults to see 'behaviour' from a different perspective and offers alternative approaches and strategies to put into practice.
This course is suitable for all EYFS practitioners, including childminders, working within Ofsted guidelines for their settings and parents.
Attachments for this course will be sent with your confirmation email and you may wish to bring them along to the course with you.
For learners to:
- Define what behaviour mean
- Describe at least 10 different factors that can impact on individual children's behaviour.
- Recognise the importance of the environment in shaping children's behaviour
- Explain how positive relationships support behaviour and how this is linked to good mental health
- Choose appropriate strategies to support individual children's behaviour
General Admission £35
SCA Registered Childminders £15 (please contact SCA for your discount code before booking)