Join plant-based chef, Sareta Puri, for a whistle-stop tour of popular Indian snacks and street food and learn how to make healthier versions of classic dishes inspired by her Indian heritage and travels across India.
The class will include:
- Learn to make aloo tikki, tasty spiced potato cakes enjoyed with pickles or chutneys
- Create an instant tangy carrot pickle bursting with flavour
- How to make a classic kachumber salad, as well as chana chaat, a snack made from cucumber, chickpeas with a dressings and topping
- Make moreish roasted chickpeas - a healthy, crunchy, spiced snack
- Mix up a refreshing drink of nimbu pani, Indian lemonade, using a natural sweetener
- An overview of snacks and street food and discussion on spices and flavours
- A chance to ask Sareta questions
- Recipe handout
For ingredients and equipment needed see below
Sareta Puri is a Scottish-Indian plant based chef who learned how to cook as a child from her chef father and has been mainly self-taught since. Sareta became a chef through hosting supper clubs and has expanded her repertoire to include street food, retreat catering and private catering, as well as recipe development and food writing. Sareta is passionate about creating positive experiences through food and teaches for a range of community-based organisations including Made in Hackney, Life After Hummus and People's Kitchen.
Fee*: £20 Standard / £10 Concessions**/ £5 Unwaged
*All funds raised go towards our community meal service providing free nutritious, tasty meals to households who need them during these challenging times.
**Concessionary rate available for students, pensioners and low waged
If you are able to donate more than this please visit https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/...
If you are unable to donate you can register your interest in our new FREE online community classes - just drop a line to email@example.com
Refunds: we require a minimum of 24 hours' notice for any cancellations or transfers once you have booked onto a class. Unfortunately we cannot share recordings of classes as they also feature participants and we do not have their permission.
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 8442 4266
Location: Zoom, details to be provided via email (usually the day before the class)