Let vegan cheese producer Bruna Oliveira show you how to whip up a quick, easy and delicious cheesey dish from 100% plant-based ingredients. You'll also discover how to create the amazing textures, flavours and health benefits of raw, fermented nut cheese.
This class will include:
- Make a delicious Plant Powered Mac n Cheese using only plant based ingredients (using wholegrain or gluten free pasta)
- Learn to make a gorgeous Fermented Almond Ricotta with herbs (ready to eat within 48 hours)
- How to whizz up a quick, easy and nutritious Vegan Parmesan
- Opportunity to ask Bruna questions
- Recipe handout
For ingredients and equipment needed see below
Bruna Oliveira is the founder of London Nut Cheese Co and studied Naturopathy and Naturopathic Nutrition at CNM London in order to pursue her passion for healthy and natural living. Bruna loves creating delicious recipes with the aim of inspiring people to transform their lives through making positive changes in their diet.
Fee*: £20 Standard / £10 Concessions**/ £5 Unwaged
*All funds raised go towards our community meal service providing free nutritious, tasty meals to households who need them during these challenging times.
**Concessionary rate available for students, pensioners and low waged
If you are able to donate more than this please visit https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/...
If you are unable to donate you can register your interest in our new FREE online community classes - just drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 300g ground almonds
- 300g blanched almonds (or otherwise cashew nuts or sunflower seeds, but bear in mind sunflower seeds have quite a strong flavour)
- 1 pot nutritional yeast
- 15g garlic powder (or otherwise fresh garlic to taste)
- Sea salt
- Dried oregano
- Whole grain or gluten free pasta (like penne)
- ½ head broccoli
- ½ head cauliflower
- 200g raw cashew nuts (whole or pieces)
- 500ml plant based milk
- 50g tapioca flour (or cornflour)
- 1 small jar roasted red peppers (or use tomato paste to add flavour)
- 30ml olive oil
- 15ml miso paste (optional)
- 1 lemon
- 10g mustard powder (or use regular mustard)
- 10g onion powder
- 5g smoked paprika
- 15ml apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 vegan probiotic capsule* (any vegan probiotic capsule with at least 1 billion CFU. If your capsules contain less you can use 2 capsules instead of one). Or you can use 2 tablespoons plain vegan yoghurt** containing live cultures
- 1/2 bunch parsley (optional)
*Probiotics: we recommend vegan probiotics with 3 billion friendly bacteria such as this one from Holland & Barrett https://www.hollandandbarrett.... You can buy probiotics from health food shops, chemists and some supermarkets or online from e.g. https://naturaldispensary.co.u...
**Most plain vegan yogurt contains live cultures but check the label to be sure it lists ingredients such as "Lactobacillus Acidophilus" ''Lactobacilus Gasseri'' ''Lactobacilus Rhamnosus'', ''Bifidus infantis'' or ''Bifidus adolescentis''.
- 2 medium bowls
- 1 small bowl
- Cooking pot (large)
- Pyrex dish (large)
- Muslin cloth/nut milk bag/cheesecloth (or otherwise a very thin piece of cotton fabric such as an old light coloured pillowcase or sheet. You can also use a pair of sheer tights).
- Measuring spoons and cups
Refunds: we require a minimum of 24 hours' notice for any cancellations or transfers once you have booked onto a class. Unfortunately we cannot share recordings of classes as they also feature participants and we do not have their permission.
For information: email@example.com / 020 8442 4266
Location: Zoom, details to be provided via email (usually the day before the class)