Nishma Shah of award-winning vegan educators & caterers Shambhu's, will teach you how to make a healthy version of a Mughlai-style meal. This richly-spiced cuisine was developed in the medieval Indo-Persian cultural centres of the Mughal Empire, and was originally eaten only by the elite classes as spices were so valuable at the time.
This recording of a live class will include:
- How to make a delectable creamy aubergine curry
- Techniques for making tasty naan bread from scratch
- Learn to make homemade vegan yoghurt and lassi, a fermented protein drink
- How to make a healthier version of a delicious sweet treat, carrot halwa, without using any oil
- Opportunity to ask Nishma questions
- Recipe handout
For ingredients and equipment needed see below
Nishma Shah is founder and chef of award-winning London-based plant-based food business, Shambhu's. She provides plant-based catering and teaches plant-based cookery in a number of settings. She has been a masterclass teacher for Made In Hackney for a number of years, with her most popular class being Gujarati Cuisine.
Fee*: £15 Standard / £7.50 Concessions**/ £3 Unwaged
*All funds raised go towards our community meal service providing free nutritious, tasty meals to households who need them during these challenging times.
**Concessionary rate available for students, pensioners and low waged
If you are able to donate to our crowdfunder please visit https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/...
If you would like to be added to our FREE online community class mailing list - just drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, in the interest of fairness, opportunities to attend free classes are limited.
Refunds: we require a minimum of 24 hours' notice for any cancellations or transfers once you have booked onto a class.
For information: email@example.com / 020 8442 4266
Location: Zoom, details to be provided via email (usually the day before the class). Check your junk mail if need be!
- 300 grams aubergine (i.e. 1 aubergine)
- Tin of tomatoes
- 100 grams onions
- 10 grams ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 grams jaggery
- 2 teaspoons achhaar mix (pickle spice) - you can buy this from Indian grocery stores or make from scratch using instructions on this link: https://www.whiskaffair.com/achari-masala. It can be optional if you cannot find it.
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 5 fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon mango powder (optional)
- Sea salt to taste
- 100 millilitres vegan cream
- 3 stalks/sprigs fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- Chopping board
- Mixing bowl
- 1 saucepan
- 1 frying pan
- 1 milk pan
- Measuring jug
- Measuring spoons
- Box grater
- Rolling pin
- Pestle and mortar or spice grinder
- Cereal bag
- Cereal bowl
- Food thermometer (optional)
- Stirring spoons
- Clean tea towel
- Pastry brush
- Glass, plate & bowl to serve