“Numbing vulnerability also dulls our experience of love, joy, belonging, creativity, and empathy. We can’t selectively numb emotion. Numb the dark and you numb the light” – Brene Brown
Dry January. Could it sound more miserable? But far from dry, what if choosing sobriety meant feeling high all the time? Join Ruby Warrington, journalist and founder of conscious lifestyle platform The Numinous, for OFF THE RÖCKS—a social experiment for the sober curious to investigate just how good life gets when we re-frame our relationship with alcohol.
Already a popular event series in NYC, OFF THE RÖCKS asks the question: when did we decide to hand over all the fun times, all our down time, and all our sense of belonging, to alcohol? Social conditioning makes it oh-so easy to choose booze as our go-to method for feeling good. But the price? We’ve all been there.
And if cutting back can feel like a losing battle, sometimes a simple shift in perspective is what we need to take the edge off. At this event we'll hear a panel of speakers on the subject of high sobriety; connect to ourselves and each other with a guided meditation from personal empowerment coach Chloe Kerman; partake in a group intention-setting ritual for 2017 and beyond; and mingle over mocktails in the Met Bar!
Curious? OFF THE RÖCKS could be for you if:
– You drink to feel good, but it often leaves you feeling worse
– You want to drink less, but think this will mean the end of your social life
– You want to drink less, but think this will mean the end of DATING
– You want to cultivate a healthier relationship with booze
– You want to attend high-end, high-vibe events where alcohol is off the menu
– You love how life feels when you don’t drink, and want to connect with others who feel the same
– You want to experience getting crazy high on your own supply
Ticket includes canapés, juice, non-alcoholic cocktails and raw vegan cakes from Rooted London, Seedlip, and The Hardihood.