Nutrition & lifestyle for women's wellness
A series of events focusing on the role of food and lifestyle practices in women's health and wellbeing.
Hosted by Ashlyn Gibson at the Clapton Laundry, with Registered Nutritionist Jodie Abrahams (MBANT).
Non-alcoholic drinks from Lurvill's Delight, deliciously dry, all-natural, botanical sodas, included at each event.
Please note: tickets are non-refundable.
Managing physical effects of stress - Thursday 22 March 2018, 7.30-9.30pm, £45 (+ booking fee)
The presence of stress is a fact of our modern lives. But understanding how to support your body to manage the effects of stress can have a huge impact on health and wellbeing - from supporting better sleep to maintaining healthy immune and digestive systems.
This two hour session will include a talk and Q&A session covering:
- how certain foods and nutrients affect the body's ability to cope with stress
- lifestyle adaptations that can reduce the impact of stress on the body
- practical relaxation techniques and lifestyle tools that nurture the nervous system
Nutrition and lifestyle for healthy ageing - Thursday 26 April 2018, 7.00-9.00pm, £45 (+ booking fee)
'Anti-ageing' is a term we're all too familiar with from the persuasive messages of the skincare and beauty industries. But while ageing is a fact of life, we can grow into our beauty through the nutrition and lifestyle choices we make.
This two hour talk and Q&A session will include the nutrition and lifestyle principles that support a healthy ageing process, covering:
- nutrition and lifestyle practices to nurture healthy cognitive and physical ageing
- the basis of an anti-inflammatory diet and its benefits
- ways to optimise your absorption of nutrients from the food you eat