Join us for the online Natural Soap Workshop with Attua Aparicio on Sunday the 2nd of August from 2-4pm. During this workshop you will learn to work with melt and pour soap bases to make your own soaps at home using edible ingredients to colour your soap. We will explore different techniques to make swirls, marble effect, layers and terrazzo. We will also look into different ways of moulding.
All you will need for the workshop:
- Device with webcam and Zoom
- Melt and pour soap base (1kg translucent and 1kg white)
- Colouring agents, pick your favourites: cocoa powder (brown), turmeric powder (yellow or orange depending on concentration), spirulina powder (green), activated charcoal (black)
- Exfoliating agents: dried coffee grounds
- Rubber, latex or nitrile gloves
- Microwave (or a pot and a bowl for bain-marie)
- Small bowl for mixing colouring agents
- Containers (empty food packaging)
- Spoons for stirring
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Carving tools
- Isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle (ideally)*
- Essential oils*
- Food thermometer*
Attua Aparicio is a London based multidisciplinary artist working at the intersection of design, craft and art. At the core of her practice lays a very experimental and prejudice free way of understanding and working with materials. She is interested in sustainability, material hybridization and tactility. Collaborations are a fundamental part of her practice. She co-founded Silo Studio with Oscar Lessing. She also collaborates regularly with her sister and artist Saelia Aparicio.
The online workshop is open to a maximum of 12 participants (age 15+) on a first come, first served basis. Attendance at the workshop costs £15 with all proceeds supporting the SCHOOL SCHOOL after school club for local state school students.