Whether it’s because we don’t have the knowledge or the claw crackers, lobster is one of those ingredients that many of us choose not to cook at home. But here at Dirty Lobster, lobster is life and so we want to share some of our lip-smacking lobster secrets with you to allow you to recreate your own ‘Dirty Lobster’ experience at home.
During this Lobster Lesson, we invite you to come to our Manor house and be a lobster chef for the afternoon, while you learn how to prepare yourself a proper lobster-filled feast. With step-by-step demonstrations given to you by Dirty Lobster’s Head Chef, you’ll learn how to source, prepare, cook, crack and pick a lobster, as well as creating several lobster dishes which you will devour for lunch.
So what are you waiting for for? Let’s get snappy together!
- How to identify a fresh live lobster and where it comes from purchasing points
- What is sustainability?
- Anatomy of a lobster and lobster picking
- Knife skills
- Boiling, frying and cooking temperatures
- Reducing wastage with advice on stocks, sauces and soups
- Cooking techniques
- Sauces and accompaniments
- Presentation of dishes
TYPICAL RECIPES COVERED
- Lobster Bisque
- Lobster Mac and Cheese
- Whole Cooked Lobster
- Lobster Thermidor
- Homemade Fries
- Fresh Seasonal Salad
- Hands-on practical cookery class
- Small groups of only 5 people, leaving lot of time for questions
- All ingredients sourced locally and all equipment supplied
- Professional tuition and qualified advice
- Sit-down lunches and discussions on food at the time
- Complimentary soft beverages and nibbles from the bar (Alcohol with your food at an additional cost)
- No washing up
- Recipe packs to take home