Mother and daughter duo and passionate cooks, Aman and Sandeep of @wearetnk will show you how to make Punjabi dishes, including authentic recipes that have been passed down from generations in their family, and sharing plenty of tips and tricks for cooking with a range of Indian spices along the way...
This live interactive class will include:
- How to make hearty stuffed flatbreads called aloo pronte (known in Hindi as parathas)
- How to make a delicious nourishing chickpea-based curry called chole ( known in Hindi as chana masala)
- Make a refreshing plant-based Mango & Coconut lassi
- Tips on cooking with Indian spices
- Tips on different pronte and curry combinations
- Opportunity to ask Aman and Sandeep questions
- Recipe handout
For ingredients and equipment needed see below
About Aman and Sandeep
Mother and daughter duo, Aman and her mum Sandeep, are experienced cooks and specialists in Indian cooking. They have a passion for sharing the diverse authentic dishes and styles of cooking across India, as well as the stories behind this flavour-packed cuisine. To see more recipes and food stories by Aman and Sandeep find them on Facebook and Instagram @wearetnk or visit their website www.thenourishkitchen.com for more about their Punjabi heritage and for more easy Indian recipes!
Chole aka Chana masala
- 400g can large chickpeas
- 70g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 50ml boiling water
- ½ medium white onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3x2cm ginger
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- ½ fresh green chilli
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ lemon
Aloo pronte aka paratha
- 150g wholemeal spelt flour or any chapati flour
- 50 - 60ml water
- 1 medium potato
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ deseeded green chilli
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
Mango & Coconut Lassi
- 350g coconut yoghurt
- 250g frozen mango chunks
- 200ml cold water
- 3-4 pistachio nuts – optional
- Maple syrup to taste – optional
- 2 pots
- Frying pan / Indian thava
- Teaspoons and tablespoons
- Serving plates and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Cooking knives
- Rolling pin
- Potato masher
- Measuring jug
- Mortar and pestle (optional)
Fee*: £20 Standard / £10 Concessions**/ £5 Unwaged
*All funds raised go towards our community meal service providing free nutritious, tasty meals to households who need them during these challenging times.
**Concessionary rate available for students, pensioners and low waged
If you are able to donate to our crowdfunder please visit https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/...
If you would like to be added to our FREE online community class mailing list - just drop a line to email@example.com. Please note that, in the interest of fairness, opportunities to attend free classes are limited.
Refunds: we require a minimum of 24 hours' notice for any cancellations or transfers once you have booked onto a class.
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 8442 4266
Location: Zoom, details to be provided via email (usually the day before the class). Check your junk mail if need be!