IP Out Event: How Out Can I Be?
Thursday 17th November 2016, 6.00pm to 8.00pm, Kilburn & Strode LLP
Join us for the first IP Out event, kindly hosted by Kilburn & Strode LLP (20 Red Lion Street, London, WC1R 4PJ) to discuss how "out" people can at work.
We are very pleased to confirm that our panel will include Kathryn Nawrockyi, the Gender Equality Director of Business in the Community, and Darren Smyth, IPKat blogger and partner at EIP Europe LLP.
Further panellists will be announced.
This panel and group discussion moderated by Tom Leonard, partner at Kilburn & Strode and a member of the IP Out committee, will discuss:
- Individual perspectives from those on the panel on their experience of coming out/being out at work and with clients
- How to tackle potentially difficult situations, either within an organisation or from a client-facing perspective
- Who to reach out to for help when you need it
- How to approach the subject with clients
- Perspectives for people from small organisations
If you would like to email your questions or discussion points for the panel in advance, please send them to IPOutNetwork@gmail.com. You can tweet during the event using the hashtag #IPOut
Followed by drinks and networking.
Book your FREE ticket now - spaces are limited! All are welcome to attend, whether LGBTQI+ or a straight ally.
IP Out is the LGBT support and networking group under the umbrella IP Inclusive initiative, the pan-organisational effort to increase diversity and inclusion in the IP profession.
For more information in IP Inclusive, please visit www.ipinclusive.org.uk. To sign up to the IP Out mailing list to be kept up to date with events, visit www.ipinclusive.org.uk/ip-out, or for any other questions, contact email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you!
The IP Out Team