Introduction to EYFS
This course is aimed at practioners working in line with Ofsted registered early years provision who are new to the Early Years Foundation Stage and to parents wishing to understand the principles of EYFS better. Participants will become familiar with the materials and overarching principles underpinning their relationship with children aged 0-5 years.
Please read the Learning Objectives for details of course content. You may wish to look at or download the following statutory and guidance documents for The Revised Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Revised EYFS Framework March 2017
- Know-How-Guide - EYFS Progress Check at age 2
- Development Matters in the EYFS
- gain an understanding of the Themes and Principles of the EYFS
- have an overview of the legal obligations as set out in the Statutory Framework
- identify the Areas of Learning and Development and Characteristics of Effecting Learning in everyday practice
- understanding how to use appropriate assessment tools to make formal and informal assessments
- reflect on own knowledge and identify areas for personal professional development
Following this course you may wish to consider booking onto an Observing and Assessing children course and Being a Key Person.
General admission: £25
To enrol on an SCA course please complete our Training & Event Booking form https://www.suffolkcca.co.uk/t...