Homemade Cosmetics Workshop
Sat 2nd August 12noon to 4.30pm
'60% of what our bodies absorb is through our skin.’
“We spend huge amounts of money on beauty products that bizarrely put toxins into our bodies. So if we wouldn’t eat it, why are we OK with putting it on our skin?” (Sarah Bentley, Made in Hackney Founder)
Look at the ingredients on your face cream, lip balm or any cosmetics in your bathroom cabinet – would you feel OK eating it? In an ideal world you would. Our skin is our most absorbent organ so what we put on it should be no less toxic than the food you eat. Learn how to make your own low cost, pure enough to eat cosmetics with this one-day master class led by home alchemist Julie Riehl.
The day’s program will include:
- Information about the shocking nasties in everyday cosmetics
- Learn what locally sourced produce works best for your skin type
- Make face-masks, lip balms, scrubs, body cream and more
- Take home recipes of everything made in the class
- A free organic lunch made from locally sourced ingredients
Fee: *£60 (includes a delicious organic lunch) *This fee is used to fund our program of free courses to vulnerable and low-income community groups.
Date: Sunday 2nd August 12noon-4.30pm
Note: Please let us know if you have any food allergies
Regretfully the kitchen is not wheelchair accessible