The class will include:
- Learning what commercial cosmetics are made from and why to avoid them
- The basics of making chemical-free beauty products that won’t irritate your skin, and the best natural ingredients, oils, waxes and herbs to use
- How to care for your individual skin type
- How to make your own effective natural cosmetics using soothing, nourishing ingredients, including a vitamin C facial serum, a shampoo, a face cream and a lip balm.
- Recipes and samples for each product made on the day, plus lots of tips and extra recipes to help you start making your own products at home
- A delicious organic plant based lunch
Anne has been running natural skin care workshops in London for many years for organisations such as The Soap Kitchen, Baldwin’s the herbalists, and King Henry’s Walk Garden. Originally the owner of a successful photographic business for 20 years in London's West End, Anne attended a soap making workshop in 2008 and was hooked! Anne then went on to study herbal medicine at Middlesex University and became a Medical Herbalist in 2103. Anne has a wealth of experience formulating cosmetics using natural, organic ingredients.
Fee: £70 (£55 Concession) includes a delicious organic lunch.
* This fee is used to fund our programme of free courses to vulnerable and low-income community groups. By attending a Made In Hackney masterclass you get a great day of learning AND you’re providing our charity with essential funds for us to continue our work with vulnerable community groups.
** Concessionary rate available for students, pensioners, unemployed and low waged
Refunds: we require a minimum of 7 days' notice for any cancellations or transfers once you have booked onto a class.
Vouchers: To redeem a voucher purchased on our site, please contact us to book a place. If contacting us by email please attach your voucher. If telephoning, have your voucher to hand so you can quote the voucher number.
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 8442 4266
Location: Made In Hackney, Food For All Basement, 3 Cazenove Rd, Stoke Newington, London, N16 6PA. Regretfully, the kitchen is not wheelchair accessible.