"Love a Gujarati Thali and want to learn how to make it yourself? I’ll show you everything you need to know to make all the elements of a delicious, authentic, tasting Thali, from lassi to chutney and curry." Nishma Shah from Award-Winning Vegan Educators & Caterers Shambhu's"
The class will include:
- Your ingredients delivered in a box to your door* (if you book by 12.00 on Mon 23 Nov**)
- The A-Z of curry making and how to cook rice, lentils and pulses
- How to make traditional pickles & chutneys
- How to prepare dairy-free lassi and a gujarati dessert
- How to make a millet flat bread
- How to combine herbs and spices to create great flavours
- Opportunity to ask Nishma questions
- Recipe pack
*We can only post to UK addresses. We will post the vast majority of your ingredients but for environmental reasons will not supply staples such as small amounts of salt, pepper and oil - we will let you know in advance what we plan to send you.
**If you book after this date a discounted rate will apply and you will need to source your own ingredients
For equipment needed see below
Location: Zoom, details to be provided via email (usually the day before the class). Check your junk mail if need be!
Fee*: £75 (£60 Concession**) inclusive of VAT (if you have any food allergies please email details to firstname.lastname@example.org). There will be a short break half way through the class.
Refunds: we require a minimum of 7 days' notice for any cancellations or transfers once you have booked onto a class.
* This fee is used to fund our programme of free courses to vulnerable and low-income community groups. By attending a Made In Hackney masterclass you get a great learning experience AND you’re providing our charity with essential funds for our community meal service providing free nutritious, tasty meals to households who need them during these challenging times.
** Concessionary rate available for students, pensioners, unemployed and low waged
- Hand blender
- Measuring jug
- Miniature nut mandolin (if available, not essential)
- Mixing bowls x3
- Oven tray
- Greaseproof or baking paper
- Cereal packaging bag
- 2 pans (for curry and kadhi)
- Spice grinder/ pestle & mortar
- 1 non stick frying pan for roasting rotlo
- Lemon squeezer
- Box grater
- Steamer (steel or bamboo)
- Pan big enough to place the steamer in
- Wide bowl to knead the dough
- Chopping boards
- Measuring spoons
Vouchers: To redeem a voucher purchased on our site, please contact us to book a place. If contacting us by email please attach your voucher. If telephoning, have your voucher to hand so you can quote the voucher number.
For information: email@example.com / 020 8442 4266
Visit also Shambhu's