**please send us a message if you would like to be added to the waiting list for cancellations**
Learn everything you need to get started on your own herbs growing project. This informative workshop will be a mix of theory and practical activities to give you all the knowledge to feel confident about growing your own herbs. It is also suitable for complete beginners and those who already have some gardening or growing experience.
- Growing herbs in different conditions: urban growing, raised beds, in pots, on window sills, roof spaces etc.
- Soil care and how to look after and nurture your herbs
- Propagation, growing herbs from seeds and cuttings
- Harvesting, drying and storage of herbs
- Applications of herbs for tea, cosmetics and natural remedies
Ticket price includes all the materials, a full set of handouts plus a goodie bag with 3 packets of seed, a herb plant and pair of herb cutters. You'll also take home sown seeds and herb cuttings that you will do during the class.
Drinks and light refreshments will be be provided. Participants can bring their own lunch or have lunch in the cafe at the Farm.
Previous participants said:
"Loved the growing herbs workshop at Hackney City farm on Sunday. Really interesting, great format and Nat and the team are so passionate and approachable. Big thank you to everyone !"
"A great day course, I'm excited to get started with the seeds and snips from the goodie bag."
Hackney Herbal is a social enterprise and 10% of your ticket price goes towards our community wellbeing work. Read more about our community work on our website.