Mark Breen, Professional Chef & Cookery Tutor & César Hernán Rizzo Gómez, Urban Grower & Cook
The class will include:
- How to cook different types of gourmet mushrooms to intensify their unique flavours and textures
- How to bring out the delicious ‘umami’ flavour of mushrooms
- How to grow gourmet mushrooms from used coffee grounds
- How to store your mushrooms correctly to get the best from them.
- Various cooking techniques which will preserve the nutritional properties of mushrooms
- Tasty ‘tried and tested’ recipes using mushrooms as a starter, a main or a side dish
- A delicious organic plant based lunch and recipes to take home
César is an urban farmer and accomplished cook. He is the founder of 'Article Number 25', an Urban Farming Company aiming to change the food system, which grows different varieties of mushrooms from used coffee grounds and converts unused spaces into farms.
Mark is a professional chef and cookery tutor, working with various cookery schools across the capital. He also runs Seasonal Kitchen, a company offering unique dining experiences and private chef services.
Photo on far right by Caitlin Mclean on Unsplash
Fee*: £70 (£55 Concession**) includes a delicious organic plant based lunch.
* This fee is used to fund our programme of free courses to vulnerable and low-income community groups. By attending a Made In Hackney masterclass you get a great day of learning AND you’re providing our charity with essential funds for us to continue our work with vulnerable community groups.
** Concessionary rate available for students, pensioners, unemployed and low waged
Refunds: we require a minimum of 7 days' notice for any cancellations or transfers once you have booked onto a class.
Vouchers: To redeem a voucher purchased on our site, please contact us to book a place. If contacting us by email please attach your voucher. If telephoning, have your voucher to hand so you can quote the voucher number.
For information: email@example.com / 020 8442 4266
Location: Made In Hackney, Food For All Basement, 3 Cazenove Rd, Stoke Newington, London, N16 6PA. Regretfully, the kitchen is not wheelchair accessible.