Anton Petrov, Professional chef at acclaimed restaurants including Titbits and Vanilla Black
The class will include:
- An introduction to a variety of delicious and nutritious vegan
ingredients and their health benefits
- A selection of quick and easy recipes for breakfast, including
pancakes and which mylks to put in your cuppa
- Wholefood recipes to create delicious creamy and cheesy flavours
and textures including mornay, and vegan Parmesan, as well as discussion on other types of cheeses
- The importance of including fermented foods in your diet, and take a fermented product home with you
- How to make mouth-watering vegan sweet things!
- How to create hearty meaty flavours and textures using ingredients
such as smoked tempeh and tofu.
- An overview of vegan nutrition and recommended supplementation
- Plenty of tasty meals and snacks throughout the day
- Delicious plant based recipes to take home.
Anton is a professional chef with over ten years’ experience working in a variety of acclaimed restaurants including ‘Acorn Vegetarian Kitchen’, ‘Demuths’, ‘The Gate’, and ‘Tibits’, as well as the prestigious Michelin-Guide recommended ‘Vanilla Black’. Inspired by locally grown seasonal produce (and a committed all year round forager), Anton is deeply passionate about sharing the delights of plant based ethical cooking which, as he puts it, ‘nourishes our bodies, minds and spirits and brings a positive change to the world.’ Anton now runs his own plant based gourmet private event /catering company, as well as teaching cookery at Made In Hackney and Demuths Cookery School.
Fee*: £70 (£55 Concession**) includes a delicious organic plant based lunch.
* This fee is used to fund our programme of free courses to vulnerable and low-income community groups. By attending a Made In Hackney masterclass you get a great day of learning AND you’re providing our charity with essential funds for us to continue our work with vulnerable community groups.
** Concessionary rate available for students, pensioners, unemployed and low waged
Refunds: we require a minimum of 7 days' notice for any cancellations or transfers once you have booked onto a class.
Vouchers: To redeem a voucher purchased on our site, please contact us to book a place. If contacting us by email please attach your voucher. If telephoning, have your voucher to hand so you can quote the voucher number.
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 8442 4266
Location: Made In Hackney, Food For All Basement, 3 Cazenove Rd, Stoke Newington, London, N16 6PA. Regretfully, the kitchen is not wheelchair accessible.