Did you know the more and more you shop online with giant retailers, more and more small businesses are disappearing off the high street? If you would like to overcome your addiction to online shopping in a fun way and support local businesses at the same time, visit iZettle's unique Giant Corp Rehab Centre, where visitors can get the following:
- Free floristry 45 minute masterclass learning how to hand tie a bouquet, normally worth £75
- Free craft coffee and latte art workshop, including free coffees
- Access to a free art exhibition on the future of the British high street
- Meditative box flattening session for those addicted to online shopping
- A goody bag worth £25, containing hand crafted artisan products from local small business's
- Advice and fun therapy sessions on how to overcome compulsion to shop with giant retailers
We're giving all of this away to help save the British high street. If this sounds up your street, please read below for more details:
The Giant Corp Rehab Centre is a one-of-a-kind therapy centre that helps people kick their addiction to giant online retailers. Whether it’s ‘one click buys’ that you can’t resist, or convenience ordering bulk loads of toilet rolls, the Giant Corp Rehab Centre encourages you to put down your devices, forget shopping with the huge retailers and re-engage with small businesses and independent stores, to keep your local high street alive and booming. What’s more all participants will learn a new skill in exciting free hands-on workshops, and leave with a home ‘treatment plan’ containing hand-crafted products from independent businesses, a bundle worth over £50.
Opened by iZettle, a champion for helping small businesses succeed in a world of giants, the Giant Corp Rehab Centre is completely free to enter and comprises a number of tongue-in-cheek therapy sessions. To end the treatment, independent business owners will be on-hand to lead a series of workshops, with florists from Rebel Rebel and baristas from Over Under Coffee, helping participants arrange and create beautiful bouquets (which you will take home with you) and create stunning latte art – while discussing just what it takes to run an independent business.
Your ticket entitles you to attend all sessions as below:
GROUP THERAPY: On arrival patients are taken to a Group Therapy session as their first step on the road to recovery. This session allows people to come clean about the extent of their big brand online shopping addictions, encouraging them to share the highs and lows of their habit with the group, after all, admitting you have a problem is always the first step.
DIGIT DISTRACTION: When your bad habit is literally at your fingertips it’s hard to quit the urge but the Digit Distraction Class, hosted by therapist and addictions counsellor, Sally Baker teaches participants why they are so compelled to hit that ‘Click to buy’ button. Sally teaches distraction techniques so that patients know how to overcome their urges to shop, whether that quick click hit comes via social media, apps or websites.
BOX THERAPY: For anyone who’s been a victim of over packaging, this room provides the perfect relief. Patients quite literally ‘flatten their obsessions’ by crushing cardboard boxes. The nature of the repetitive behaviour is a therapy in itself.
SHOCK THERAPY: Forget the high street, it’s more like the ‘low streets’ as this Shock Therapy session gazes into the high street of the future; a stark gallery of images that shows what the world will look like if we carry on down the road of ‘one size fits all’. This collaboration of images by artists and illustrators demonstrates how bleak and desolate our high streets will be in the future, if the ‘Giant Corps’ continue to reign strong and small businesses are forced to close.
MAKE MY LIVING WORKSHOP: For the finale patients attend a ‘Make My Living Workshop’. Hosted by Selfmade small business owners, the workshops encourage patients to get involved in a creative activity such as floristry or latte art to see just what it takes to run a small business, demonstrating the hard work that’s involved for an independent business to stay afloat amongst a tide of Giant Corps.
The road to recovery to fight Giant Corp addiction lasts 90 minutes in total.
Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of these rules is a condition of reservation and reservation instructions form part of these rules. Reservation indicates acceptance of these rules.
- Entry to The Giant Corp Rehab Centre is permitted only to those with a valid ticket reservation. The Giant Corp Rehab Centre is open at 28 Redchurch Street, London, E2 7DP between 10:00am and 5:30pm on Friday 12th and Saturday 13th October 2018 only.
2. Ticket reservations will operate on a first-come-first-served basis. Once all ticket reservations have been allocated the reservations page will no longer accept reservations. One ticket booking permits entry to the venue for one person only at the allotted time.
3. Upon arrival at the venue, guests will be greeted at reception before being taken through the various treatment rooms. Guests are required to depart the venue no later than two hours after the initial time of entry on their ticket.
5. Ticket reservations must be made personally. Reservations made through agents/third parties, bulk reservations or automated reservations are invalid. No multiple reservations from a single IP address will be valid. No reservations submitted via any other means will be accepted. The promoter cannot guarantee uninterrupted or secure access to the web entry route. Any mechanical reproduction or automated reservations are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. Proof of submitting a reservation is not proof of receipt by the promoter. The promoter is not responsible for lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible or delayed reservations, such reservations will be void.
6. Individuals who are successful in securing a ticket reservation will receive an e-mail confirmation from Billetto confirming their reservation. If successful individuals have not received this e-mail they should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful individuals with a reservation are required to bring a print-out of their confirmation email, or show it on a smartphone, at the door on the day of reservation. There will be no paper tickets.
8. By entering the Giant Corp Rehab Centre premises all visitors consent to photography, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, promotional purposes, inclusion on websites, or any other purpose by the promoter, its affiliates and representatives. You release the promoter, its partners and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitising, or publication of photographs, video and/or sound recordings. Photographers and videographers at the event will be identified as such by wearing badges.
9. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability, for any injury sustained, loss, or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Event (The Giant Corp Rehab Centre), including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; or any tax liability incurred by any attendee.
10. iZettle shall not be held liable for systems failures at Billetto either via the signing up process or in the allocation of each successful ticket reservation; neither can they be held responsible for the acts or omissions of other third parties involved in this promotion.
11. The promoter may add, withdraw or substitute sessions and/or vary advertised programmes, event times, and venue capacity without prior notice.
12. The promoter, Cow PR and the venue owner may postpone, cancel, interrupt or stop the event due to adverse weather, dangerous situations, or any other causes beyond its reasonable control.
13. iZettle reserves the right to exclude any reservations that they believe to be fraudulent or based on misconduct.
14. Individuals agree that their personal information will be used for the purposes of administering the activity and in connection with any advertising mentioned in these Terms and Conditions. Please note that in processing the information in this way the promoter may disclose such information to other companies in its group or to third parties employed by the promoter.
15. There is no cash or other alternative to the ticket reservations in whole or in part. Reservations are transferable. The promoter reserves the right to reclaim the reservation if it is transferred.
16. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.