Online event - Learn about fermentation whilst 'cooking along'
**Multiple dates. See here for other dates this course is available: more dates
More & more people are seeing the link between what they eat, their health, and the impacts on the planet and climate change, and choosing more healthy, nutritious meals.
Gut-health has been an exciting and growing area of interest for Scientists, Nutritionists and consumers alike, as the benefit of a healthy gut is linked to increased energy, positive mental health, brain resilience and more.
Specifically, people adopting a more plant-based diet are seeking ways to ensure they are obtaining all the necessary vitamins and minerals in their diet, and the desire for more 'Vegan functional foods' is one of the biggest trends forecast for 2020.
Fermenting is a fantastic way to add interesting new aspects to a dish, that can have real nutritional benefits, aiding digestion, absorption of nutrients and more. Even better, fermenting foods is a fantastic way to extend the life of them, so in doing so you can reduce your food waste at the same time.
This introductory course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to create delicious and interesting fermented foods safely at home, that can help you maintain strong gut health and build strong immune system.
There's more to fermenting than just cabbage. There are exciting ways to ferment grains to make sprouted breads, salads, dips, drinks such as kefir & kombucha, vinegars, salsas, chutneys, cheeses and more, which will add character to your menu.
The class will include:
- An overview of fermenting, and how to achieve good results in any kitchen
- An overview of the different fermenting techniques, what ingredients can be fermented, and what dishes can be created
- Learn about the safety aspects of making fermented foods, including storage and more
- Learn about the nutrition of each of the ingredients, and their functional benefits
- This is a 'cook along' event, and we will be making 2 x savoury & 1 x sweet ferment. All ingredients will be emailed to you prior to the event.
Fee: £35, which includes all recipes
Cancellation / Refunds: We require at least 7 days' notice for any cancellations or transfers once classes have been booked. We regret that refunds can not be granted if this minimum cancellation period is not provided.
For information, or further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org, 07810311742