Channel your inner Willy Wonka at this flavour-filled evening of chocolate experimentation! Take some time out to truly taste at this special event blending fun and focus.
With hundreds of flavour compounds (even more than wine), good quality dark chocolate is delicious to taste on its own, but also an ideal food to pair with other ingredients. It’s also a fantastic route to learn about some principles of more mindful and conscious eating.
The agenda for the evening:
– Learn to taste chocolate like the professionals, mindfully and using all the senses; we’ll try a few cocoa percentages from a selection of origins so that you can truly taste the difference
– Some background on the fascinating history of chocolate and how it’s made
– Experiment with sometimes surprising, but always tasty flavour combinations. Want to try chocolate and chilli, or chocolate and black olive? Go for it!
– To bring the reflective tasting to a close, we’ll finish with a few minutes of meditation
The chocolate we’ll taste is from beautiful British bean-to-bar brand, Pump St Bakery. The ticket price includes chocolate to taste on the evening, tasting notes, a glass of wine and a Food At Heart taster chocolate bar.
Come along to taste some great chocolate, meet fellow chocolate lovers and explore just how creative you can get with your flavours.
Please let me know if you have any dietary requirements..
Food At Heart events blend the calm of yoga with the craft of a cooking class. They let you:
– Take time out to taste with focus
– Explore flavours while creating delicious and nourishing dishes
– Listen to your body to get to know what food your mouth and body enjoys
Places are limited as classes are kept small to let everyone get involved.
Tickets are non-refundable but can be transferred to another person if you can’t make it.
Meredith runs reflective cooking and tasting events as part of her Food At Heart business. Her aim is to help people explore food and discover delicious flavours with a genuine sense of awareness.