Join Hiigara and Mili-Ficent as they explore dynamic transitions in suspension. This one day workshop will focus on pushing your play and exploring major suspension transitions on bamboo through a number of taught sequences. Helping you build the skills and toolkit to form and explore freeform positions in your suspension or partial play.
We will look at:
- A number of full transition sequences
- The impact of both micro and macro transitions.
- Managing of uplines during complex ties
- Handling transitions when things go wrong
- How to get creative in suspension
- Locking off safely onto bamboo
- Body manipulation
- Riggers: How to manage major transitions and understand the impact and pressure put onto your bottoms body and your ropes.
- Bottoms: Active bottoming techniques, pain processing, and differentiating between intentional discomfort and unintentional pain. Warning signs, and how to communicate these to your Rigger.
- Suspension safe arms free chest harness or TK taught in a class or private tuition (suitable for multiple load points)
- Suspension safe hip harness taught in a class or private tuition
- Suspension safe futomomo
- Ability to safely attach and lock off uplines in the air
- Comfortable with basic suspensions (face up, face down, side suspension)
- Ability to communicate effectively in rope with your rigger
- Ability to understand and differentiate between circulation loss and nerve impingement.
**If you have any questions regarding pre-requisites please don't hesitate to contact us**
- 12 rope suspension kit (minimum)
- 8 - 10 x Carabineers
- Safety Shears
- Tea/Coffee mugs
- For those being tied we suggest gym wear type clothing, nothing too loose fitting. Additionally no underwire bras.
The NRG Jam
- This workshop also includes free entry into the jam after the event, where you will have the opportunity to practice what you have learnt, and turn it into play. There will be a break after the workshop to allow for people to refresh before the jam starts in the evening running from 6pm till 10pm.
The Teaching Team
If you have any questions please get in touch