A room full of like-minded industry professionals, coming together to challenge the inequality of disabled people in the workplace.
Did you know..
1 in 5 people in the UK are disabled? Yet, a staggering 49% of disabled people still feel uncomfortable disclosing their disability to their employers.
A disabled person who feels supported and valued in the workplace will take less sick days, will work harder and will be your business ambassador.
Only 4% of reasonable adjustments have a cost implication. Yet, the lack of support in place for disabled employees prevents them from fully participating.
The Purple Pound (the spending power of disabled people) is worth nearly £250BN a year. Yet, businesses are loosing out on disabled customers due to lack of access and understanding.
Celebrating Disability would like to invite delegates along for a day of focussed learning, collaboration and talks.
What’s in it for me?
- The opportunity to connect with businesses with similar ethos,
- A place to share good practice and learn from each other,
- Presentations and interactive seminars,
- Support to come up with tangible goals to effectively influence inclusion and equality in your workplace,
- Understanding of how to earn a piece of the £249bn Purple Pound,
- Introduction into effectively recruiting and retaining disabled people.
Break out group work
Goal setting and next steps
Who should attend?
You should attend if you have a passion or an interest in inclusion and equality for disabled people in the workplace. Everyone will benefit but specifically:
HR professionals, learning and development professionals, D&I professionals.
This event is expected to be part of 12 month programme, to receive emails regarding upcoming events, add your email address on the booking form.