Creative Portraits with Jonathan Vaines
Creative Portraits with Jonathan Vaines
A number of processes to alter reality of a Portrait image using Adobe Photoshop
Are you ready to be challenged, and use the skills you have learnt? Do you want to try new ideas, get creative and have fun making images, if so Jonathan’s new workshops might offer you something a bit different.
Who should attend:The sessions are aimed at those with a good understanding of Photoshop and layers.
What will you learn:
In the first two sessions we will cover some of the creative ways which will alter reality to create a very different look to a portrait image using Adobe Photoshop.
In the first two 90-minute workshops:
- You will see the use of Camera RAW to prepare your image
- Skin blemishes and tones will be removed whilst retaining detail using frequency separation
- Lift the image with Photoshops “Apply Image” to extract detail
- Manipulate facial features
- Freeze and Thaw pixels to contain your alterations
- Move the light around your portrait
- Colour your images with Colour Grading and look Up Tables
- Sharpen selectively to make your images “pop”
Between sessions you will be tasked to produce your own Creative Portrait
- In the third session Jonathan will share your results and you will receive constructive feedback on your submissions after learning in the previous sessions.
- Two of your images will then be displayed in the Exhibition website along with other delegates attending the workshop.
- Delivered over Zoom
- You will have access to a YouTube Channel for the recording of the session which is just for your personal use
Jonathan will run 2 additional 'Clinics’ on Fridays 17 & 24 November at 12:30 to 1pm
This is an opportunity, if you choose to attend,
- to ask questions,
- share any problems you have encountered with your images,
- ask Jonathans advice on a particular process or
- simply sit and absorb the information on offer from Jonathan as he helps the other attendees
The Morning Sessions
Date of first session: Tuesday 14 November 2023What time:10am to 11:30am
Date of Creative Portraits Clinic: Friday 17 November 2023What time: 12:30 to 1pm
Date of second session: Tuesday 21 November 2023What time: 10am to 11:30am
Creative Portraits Clinic 2 : Friday 24 Nov 2023What time: 12:30 to 1pm
Feedback Session: Tuesday 28 November 2023What time: 10am to 12 noon
If you are not already a Digital Imaging member it might be advantageous to join as a Digital Only member and benefit from reduced ticket prices.
Digital Imaging Member - £35
RPS Member - £45
General admission - £55
Your personal data (name, email address and telephone number) that you supply when booking the online event will be passed to the Digital Imaging Group organiser in order to enable them to:
1. Contact you in advance of the event to remind you or notify you of joining instructions (or changes thereto) etc.
2. Contact you at short notice before or during an event in case of any emergency or last-minute changes
3. Contact you at the end of the event for your feedback
By booking this event you are deemed to consent to this transfer of your data.
The event may be recorded and published. By joining the event you are deemed to consent to our making a recording of the event available online afterwards.
It is inevitable, that occasionally an event will be postponed or cancelled for this or another reason beyond the RPS’s control. If an event is postponed we will transfer your booking to the rearranged event, with the option of a refund if the rescheduled date is not suitable for you. Occasionally an event may also be cancelled owing to a lack of bookings.
If an event is cancelled we will give you as much notice as we are able and any payment by you to the RPS in respect of the event is offered as a full refund. In the case of events cancelled because of a lack of interest, we will aim to give you as much notice as possible.
Following on for the workshop session some delegates may wish to explore the subject further with the Tutor. If you would like to do this, please make the arrangement directly with Jonathan.
RPS Digital Imaging Group facilitate Online Workshops, on Processing in Photoshop, Lightroom. the Nik Suite, Topaz and Affinity. As well as encouraging the use of software in creative ways to create artistic photographic images.
I have not received my ticket via email. What should I do?
The first thing to do is check your spam/junk filters and inboxes. Your tickets were sent as an attachment and can be thought of as spam by some email services. Alternatively, you can always find your tickets in your Billetto account that you can access in the browsers or the dedicated Billetto app. For more help with this, read here.
I wish to cancel my ticket and receive a refund. What should I do?
The approval of refunds is entirely at the event organiser’s discretion, and you should get in contact with the event organiser to discuss what options are available to you. To get in touch with the event organiser, simply reply to your order confirmation email or use the "Contact organiser" form on the organiser's profile. For more help with this, read here.
I have registered on the waiting list, what happens now?
If more tickets become available you will be notified (by email) amongst others who have joined the list. Purchasing is on a first-come first-serve basis. For more information, read here.
Where do I find a link to an online event?
Check your order confirmation page or order confirmation email. Usually, the organiser of the event provides the details in the order confirmation email or they might send you a follow-up email with a link to their online event. You might also want to read the event description on Billetto where an event organiser should describe how to join the event online. For more information on this, read here.
What is refund protection and why would I need it?
Refund Protection provides you with the assurance that if unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances interfere with your ability to attend an event you can claim a refund. For more information on this, read here.