Creative Light with Jonathan Vaines
Creative Light with Jonathan Vaines
Move the light within images and blend elements using light form other files with Processing Techniques.
Are you ready to be challenged and use the skills you have learnt.? Do you want to try new ideas, get creative and have fun making images, if so Jonathan’s workshops might offer you something a bit different.
Level: Intermediate/ Advanced:
Who should attend:
The sessions are aimed at those with a good understanding of Photoshop and layers.
What will you learn:
- Capturing an image in the perfect light is rarely the case. We will look at methods to move the light so an image balances in the overall appearance.
- You will learn how to create new light and to use light from other images to blend creatively.
- How to make light overlays to give an Arty feel to images and make light leak effects.
- In the first 90-minute session you will see how to produce and create creative light using Adobe Photoshop.
- You will gain an understanding of how to view the light and move it within the image.
- You will have two weeks to take and make your images and your work will be sent to the tutor.
- In the second session Jonathan will share your results and you will receive constructive feedback on your submissions.
- Two of your images will then be displayed in the Exhibition website along with other delegates attending the workshop.
- Delivered over Zoom
- You will have access to a YouTube Channel for the recording of the session which is just for your personal use
Jonathan will run an additional 'Clinic' DAY.
This is an opportunity, if you choose to attend,
- to ask questions,
- share any problems you have encountered with your post processing.
- ask Jonathan’s advice on a particular process or
- simply sit and absorb the information on offer from Jonathan as he helps the other attendees.
Group 1 The Morning Session
Date of first session: Wednesday 24 Jan 2024
What time: 10.00 to 11.30
Drop-in Clinic: 31 Jan 2024
What time 12:30 to 13:30
Date of feedback session: Wednesday 7 Feb 2024
What time: 10.00 to 11:30
Booking a place
If you are not already a Digital Imaging member it might be advantageous to join as a Digital Only member and benefit from reduced ticket prices.
Digital Imaging Member - £25
RPS Member - £35
General admission - £45
Digital Imaging Home Page | Digital Imaging Workshops | Join Digital Imaging (£18 pa) | Join Digital Imaging Online (£9 pa)
It is inevitable, that occasionally an event will be postponed or cancelled for this or another reason beyond the RPS’s control. If an event is postponed we will transfer your booking to the rearranged event, with the option of a refund if the rescheduled date is not suitable for you. Occasionally an event may also be cancelled owing to a lack of bookings.
If an event is cancelled we will give you as much notice as we are able and any payment by you to the RPS in respect of the event is offered as a full refund. In the case of events cancelled because of a lack of interest, we will aim to give you as much notice as possible.
RPS Digital Imaging Group facilitate Online Workshops, on Processing in Photoshop, Lightroom. the Nik Suite, Topaz and Affinity. As well as encouraging the use of software in creative ways to create artistic photographic images.
I have not received my ticket via email. What should I do?
The first thing to do is check your spam/junk filters and inboxes. Your tickets were sent as an attachment and can be thought of as spam by some email services. Alternatively, you can always find your tickets in your Billetto account that you can access in the browsers or the dedicated Billetto app. For more help with this, read here.
I wish to cancel my ticket and receive a refund. What should I do?
The approval of refunds is entirely at the event organiser’s discretion, and you should get in contact with the event organiser to discuss what options are available to you. To get in touch with the event organiser, simply reply to your order confirmation email or use the "Contact organiser" form on the organiser's profile. For more help with this, read here.
I have registered on the waiting list, what happens now?
If more tickets become available you will be notified (by email) amongst others who have joined the list. Purchasing is on a first-come first-serve basis. For more information, read here.
Where do I find a link to an online event?
Check your order confirmation page or order confirmation email. Usually, the organiser of the event provides the details in the order confirmation email or they might send you a follow-up email with a link to their online event. You might also want to read the event description on Billetto where an event organiser should describe how to join the event online. For more information on this, read here.
What is refund protection and why would I need it?
Refund Protection provides you with the assurance that if unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances interfere with your ability to attend an event you can claim a refund. For more information on this, read here.