Are you a BWL member? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your discount code
Certification: Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Weightlifting (Olympic Weightlifting)
• Length of course: 24 - 28 hours of e-learning
• Standard Price: £500 / Member Price: £450
Who is this course suitable for?
The Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Weightlifting is designed for coaches who currently deliver and work with small groups of athletes under supervision from a more qualified coach. This course will provide learners with the information they need to progress to becoming a fully qualified coach, including assisting athletes at national competitions as their qualified coach and is a prerequisite for applying for a BWL Coach Licence.
Please note: The Level 1 Coaching Course is a prerequisite to be able to complete the Level 2 Coaching Course.
The e-learning will take you through how to:
- Use accepted training principles to design effective programmes
- Create linked and progressive sessions in a 6-week training block
- Design sessions that can meet the needs of groups and individuals
- Use the BWL Technical Model to identify technical errors and come up with effective interventions
- Use specific assistance exercises to help athletes get the most from their training
16-24 worth of E-learning
The session covers assistance exercises and how to apply them to improve weightlifting performance and technique.
- Have completed a UKCC Level 1 Award in Coaching Weightlifting or BWL Level 2 Award in Instructing Weightlifting (or equivalent as recognised by BWL)
- Be at least 17 years of age on the first day of the course
- Have some experience of the lifts and weight lifting
- Be able to communicate effectively in English