“At Bright Solutions we take a different approach to your training experience. Classes are run in small groups (never more than 8), we have a strong focus and real world scenario based training, that go way beyond most standard courses. We provide exceptional lunches using a mixture of our partners including one of our favorites “Comptoir Libanais”. You also receive detailed study guide and a host of post course material to reinforce the topics you have covered on the course”.
This is an essential course for those who have heard about Bitcoin and Blockchain, and need to understand …
… where blockchain could or will have a major strategic impact on their business, as a threat or as an opportunity.
… where blockchain offers a tactical opportunity to improve, diversify or optimise current business activities.
… where data and transaction immutability is key.
… the disruptive opportunities blockchain ( shared ledger ) technology will offer.
This course provides a concise introduction with hands on exercise to provide a solid introduction. The day focuses on terminology and basic concepts of Blockchain and Cryptocurrency, build a simple blockchain and appreciate its possible use cases, associated issues, opportunities and possibilities.
What Makes this Course Stand Apart?
This course provides much more content than most courses that are currently available. We have worked hard to develop a series of hands on exercises that are user friendly and highly interactive.
We also provide a concise post course study pack with numerous information and data to provide post code study.
Session 1 – Blockchain
● Blockchain – the history
● Purpose – why is it, what is it? ( + examples )
● Blockchain – advantages and disadvantages
● Hashing – tamper proof transaction histories and SHA-256
● Digital Signatures: Public Keys – Private Keys
● Architecture – Centralised vs. Decentralised, Public vs. Private, Permissioned vs. Permissionless
● The Chain – Blocks and Records and Querying
● Consensus and immutability (Mining) – Proof of work (Stake), The 51% attack
● Double Spend issues
● The Blockchain Process
Session 3 – Blockchain Workshop
● Ledgers – Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) : public and private
● The commercial players and BAAS ( Blockchain As A Service )
● Practical – Blockchain simple application: definition, creation and use ( And API’s )
Session 2 – Cryptocurrency
● Bitcoin – value, trust. A digital asset (2009)
● Buying and Selling – wallets, exchanges and price movements
● Bitcoin Transactions
● Bitcoin Storage options – wallets
● Bitcoin Payment – options and services
● Bitcoin Mining and Transaction fees
● Altcoins – create your own
● Etherium and Smart Contracts – DAO, DAC
Session 4 – Extras and Summary
● Blockchain Use Cases
● ICO’s ( Initial Coin Offerings )
● Soft Forks and Hard Forks, SegWit
● Compliance, Security and Risks – Government, FCA, SEC, Tax, AML, KYC, BitLicense ● Next Steps and the future – barriers and opportunities – when to use, when to not.
Some information about Piers your course leader.
Piers has over 30 years I.T experience, from programming through to Project Management and 10 years working in education. Applications have included Finance, Telecoms, Google Apps and more recently Blockchain.
He is a certified Google Apps Administrator and Trainer and has presented on behalf of Google at trade shows, is a certified ISO 27001 Lead Implementor and Certified Bitcoin Professional and member of Ethereum London.
More recently he has advised a Hedge Fund Board on Blockchain usage, been interviewed by the Linux Foundation on his use of Hyperledger technology and built a test Ethereum Blockchain application.
He is the author of 'Software Design with Cobol and SQL', published by Blackwell Scientific.
"I had a fantastic time! I think it was just the right level of information and we have all your documents to do more research..."