BEYOND SURVIVE - TIME TO THRIVE
This is a groundbreaking one day wellbeing event at Hunton Park hotel, Kings Langley, Hertfordshire on 12 May 2018. It's open to anyone with the program consisting of a careful blend of theory/practical work both indoors and out. Those participants with a disability will be fully catered for. The price includes tea, coffee throughout the day and a delicious, healthy lunch freshly prepared by the Hunton Park team. Free parking on site. You're most welcome to book accommodation at the hotel on the evening of 11 May and 12 May too (subject to availability) through hotel reception on - 01923 277700. The hotel is just off the M25 and M1. If you're wishing to travel by train, Kings Langley or Watford stations are a short hop (around 30 minutes) from London, Euston and it's a 5-10 minute taxi ride to the hotel. Whether you want to develop your own self-care techniques, tackle stress and build resilience or if you're a personal trainer or health professional keen to develop new skills, this is for you.
Many of us are struggling to keep our head above water, busy trying to survive, to get by, in this modern world. Sustained pressure, stress, anxiety and depression have almost become an accepted part of life but it needn't be this way. Ever wanted to go from barely surviving to thriving? Are you struggling with anxiety, depression or the effects of stress? Would you like to have more energy and build you own resilience tool box?
John Allison served with the British Army for 24 years. He specialised in Bomb Disposal, Counter-Terrorist Search and Weapons Intelligence. During his career he also took part in expeditions to the Antarctic and Alaska. Throughout his service he frequently operated in high threat and high pressure environments. Furthermore he had to deal with the loss of a mother and brother while serving in the Army and a difficult transition into civilian life.
For the past five years John has been working as a wellbeing professional with organisations in the City of London and private individuals. His main aim being to help reduce levels of stress and fatigue in a corporate environment and helping private clients to deal with common mental ill health issues such as anxiety and depression using a variety of innovative approaches.
John currently runs Motion To Mind™ a holistic wellbeing service drawing on his 24 year military career, personal experience with major transition and loss. He developed the 4M Framework™ model, a blueprint for enhancing personal performance and an extensive self-care tool kit.
Come along to the one day Beyond Survive - Time to Thrive and you will learn:
- About the 4M Framework™, Motion, Mind, Maintenance, Mastery
- About the theory behind military training for high threat and high pressure environments.
- How you can apply military training techniques and procedures to everyday life
- A range of self-care and fast, effective reset techniques to restore homeostasis/balance throughout your day
- How food can impact on your mood, gut health, feeding your micro-biome and stabilising blood sugar. A healthy lunch will be provided free of charge and will consist of dishes you can prepare quickly and easily at home too
- About the science of sleep and the simple steps you can take to improve sleep patterns
- How to build/maintain your resilience and energy levels
- About bio and neuro-feedback tools for relaxation and stress management
- How to use Heartmath techniques
- How to use nature as therapy - This will be a relaxing outdoor session in the grounds around Hunton Park hotel
- How to use nature as your gym - for those who wish to participate I'll be taking you outdoors and we'll be playing in the NatGym® (a natural obstacle course) located in the stunning grounds of Hunton Park hotel. Expect to crawl, scramble, push and pull your way around the woods. You'll be required to complete a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) for this outdoor event.
Beyond Survive will finish around 5pm, participants are welcome to book a room at Hunton Park hotel (subject to availability) on the evening of 11 and 12 May. Those who are staying beyond the 5pm finish are free to join me for a nature ramble and chat by the fire pit that night. You'll also have the option to do a free Yoga session or use the pool on Sunday morning before you checkout.
There is more....
You'll be able to order neuro/bio feedback devices and a personal Motion To Mind™ Lifestyle Assessment* at a discount price at the end of the workshop.
You'll also be entitled to join a FREE online group for 30 days, where I'll be sharing valuable wellbeing related content, helping to hold you accountable and assisting you with achieving mastery.
*Lifestyle assessment based on three days of monitoring your Heart Rate Variability (HRV). You'll receive a comprehensive report clearly illustrating how your body is reacting to stress, the effect of alcohol on sleep patterns, how you build/deplete your resources and much more. You'll also learn how well/if your body recovers during the three day monitoring period, this has important implications for predicting susceptibility to burnout. You'll then receive two face to face coaching sessions (if you're London based or over Skype) where you'll learn how to improve your lifestyle to go Beyond Survive - Time to Thrive