This August, we're celebrating one of Spain's most recognisable festivals, La Tomatina. If you can't make it to Buñol, where the annual festival takes place, join us on Saturday 25th August to celebrate at aqua nueva and Downstairs at Carousel.
The day begins at 12:30pm where you'll enjoy a menu created by our Head Chef, Yahir Gonzalez, including a Ketel One cocktail on arrival and three dishes from a set menu at aqua nueva. This is followed by a short walk over to our friends at Downstairs at Carousel in Marylebone. There you'll enjoy a Ketel One cocktail masterclass, a Ketel One Bloody Mary and you'll be given a poncho for the tomato throwing activities!
For the event, we're using ugly and unloved tomatoes which may have otherwise gone to waste. When the event ends we'll donate the tomatoes to a compost facility where they will be used to grow more fruit and veg.
Tickets are priced at £49 per guest with VAT and service included. See the full menu, house rules and tips for the event below.
If you don't want to join us at aqua nueva for lunch we also have tickets available for £20 per guest where you can join us at Downstairs at Carousel from 2:00pm which include the Bloody Mary Masterclass, a cocktail and the tomato fight. Click on 'Get Tickets' above for more information.
Ketel One cocktail on arrival
aqua nueva house gazpacho
Please choose three dishes per person
Croquetas de jamón Iberico con emulsión de tomates asados
Iberian ham croquettes, roasted tomato emulsion (C, M, N)
Chicharrones con pico de gallo
Crispy pork skin, pico de gallo salsa (SU)
Pan Cristal con tomate
Crystal tomato bread (C)
Caballa marinada con pisto de berenjena y tomate
Marinated mackerel, aubergine & tomato pisto (C, F, SU)
Patatas bravas con alioli de habanero
Bravas potatoes and habanero alioli (C)
Ensalada de tomates con queso de cabra y albahaca
Tomato salad, goats curd, basil, olives (C)
Solomillo de cerdo Iberico, tomates verdes y hojas de mostaza
Iberian pork fillet Green tomato and mustard vinaigrette (C)
The ticket price is fully inclusive of a Ketel One cocktail on arrival and three dishes from a set menu at aqua nueva. As well as, a Ketel One cocktail masterclass, a Bloody Mary and the tomato activities at Downstairs at Carousel. VAT and a discretionary service charge is also included.
LA TOMATINA HOUSE RULES
Do not bring any personal belongings, including your phone into the activity area, it can easily get damaged. We are not responsible for the loss or damage of any personal belongings.
No glass or hard objects in the activity area.
Do not rip any clothes of the other guests in the activity area.
- All tomatoes must be smashed before throwing.
- You can only throw tomatoes below the shoulders of other guests. Do not aim for anyones face.
All activities must come to an end when the whistle blows at 4:00pm.
- Guests must be 18 years of age or older to attend the event.
Throughout the event you must follow the security staff directions. Security will be onsite for the duration of the event. If you do not follow the house rules you may be asked to leave.
- We recommend that you wear old clothes during the tomato throwing activities. You will get messy!
- Bring as little belongings as possible. There is limited storage and we don’t want your nice stuff getting covered in tomatoes.
- Wear comfortable shoes with a strong grip so that you don’t slip. These will also get messy.
- You can take pictures but only in our designated selfie station area. We don’t want you to ruin your phone. If you have a protective case or a waterproof camera please feel free to bring it along.
- Last but not least, have fun and get messy!