DOORS: 6.15pm / PROGRAMME STARTS: 6.30pm
APERTURE/DIRECTOR FOCUS: DANIEL HUI
Shorts programme + director Q&A
Daniel Hui is a filmmaker and writer from Singapore, and is the subject of Aperture/Director Focus 2019. His films have been screened at film festivals around the world including Rotterdam, Busan, Yamagata, DocLisboa, FIDMarseille, Singapore, Taipei, Seoul, Bangkok, Manila and Vladivostok. He is one of the founding members of 13 Little Pictures, an independent film collective whose films have garnered critical acclaim internationally.
We’re delighted to welcome Daniel Hui to London from 11 - 14 September for the first complete show of his full body of work to date, including this shorts programme.
Intimate and impressionistic, Hui’s early shorts exhibit the director’s longstanding concerns with the history of Singapore’s film industry and the country’s complex class and racial dynamics. Gently questioning and observing, these films demonstrate the development of a unique filmmaking talent:
Animal Spirits (2013, 9 mins)
One Day in June(2010, 11 mins)
Rumah Sendiri (2010, 21 mins)
Sayang (2010, 8 mins)
Dreams of Youth (2008, 24 mins)
This screening will be followed by a Q&A with Daniel Hui.
Total running time: 90 mins
A complimentary drink will be offered to ticket holders after the screening, and a pay bar (with discounted drinks) will operate thereafter.
* Combined tickets for both Daniel Hui Shorts & Eclipses (both screening 14 September) available at special price of £10.00 for advance bookings - just select ticket type 'Daniel Hui Shorts & Eclipses'
* Ticket prices on the door:
Daniel Hui Shorts - £6 / Eclipses - £8 / combined tickets for both Daniel Hui Shorts & Eclipses - £12
* Click here for full Aperture/Daniel Hui Focus programme
* Full festival programme: www.day-for-night.org/aperture
* Follow: Facebook - @ApertureAsiaPacific / Twitter -