Next week sees tens of thousands of cyclists take to the streets of the capital and beyond for Prudential RideLondon 2017. To mark this year’s grand event Prudential RideLondon’s partner Amstel is opening the doors of its unique Cold Tub Pub: the world’s first ever ‘ice-bath pub’, where visitors are submerged to their waists in cold tubs while enjoying a cold, refreshing Amstel Bier.
Inspired by the popularity of ice baths among athletes, the Amstel Cold Tub Pub is a truly unique form of post-cycling recovery and all-round bonding experience for guests.
Anyone can visit the Amstel Cold Tub Pub, and if you're a cycling enthusiast that's just finished a long ride, or you have taken part in Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 and want to banish the burn felt in your pedal-punished appendages, then stepping into a custom-built cold tub filled to the brim with ice-cold water is just the ticket.
Once visitors have plucked up the courage to take the plunge and submit their legs to the icy 1-metre depths of the cold tubs, visitors will be offered an equally cold Amstel Bier to enjoy.
Visitors to the Amstel Cold Tub Pub will get to enjoy (or perhaps endure) the biting chill of the cold tubs for up to 10 minutes, after which they can continue to relax and recover on normal pub seating, admire the array of cycling memorabilia adorning the pub’s walls, and watch Prudential RideLondon on the pub’s TVs with fellow finishers.
Open over the Prudential RideLondon weekend of Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th July, the Amstel Cold Tub Pub has been created as part of Amstel’s ‘Ride Together’ partnership with Prudential RideLondon.
The Amstel Cold Tub Pub is located on London’s Pall Mall: a stone’s throw from The Mall, where Prudential RideLondon finishes, making it the ideal spot for cyclists to begin their post-event recovery and relaxation - bringing riders together and helping them continue the unifying experience, even after they’ve finished cycling.
The Amstel Cold Tub Pub is free to attend and will be open for anyone – whether you’re a cycling enthusiast, taking part in Prudential RideLondon, or if you just want to come down and see what’s going on.
If you want to be guaranteed a Cold Tub Pub space, we would recommend booking a ticket ahead of time, although there may also be some space for walk-in’s on the day.
Only those aged 18 and over will be permitted entry to the Cold Tub Pub. Each guest will strictly be given one 300ml bottle of Amstel, with no additional alcohol available to purchase. Guests will be permitted to spend a maximum of 30 minutes in the Amstel Cold Tub Pub.
The opening times for the Amstel Cold Tub Pub are:
Saturday 29th July, 1:00pm - 7:00pm
Sunday 30th July, 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Terms & Conditions
Amstel Cold Tub Pub
29.07.17 – 30.07.17
Acceptance of these rules is a condition of reservation and reservation instructions form part of these rules. Should there be any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and the standard terms and conditions of Billetto, these terms and conditions shall prevail. Reservation indicates acceptance of these rules.
1. Entry to the Amstel Cold Tub Pub is open to persons aged 18 or over and resident in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, its associated agents or anyone professionally associated with the administration of this activity.
2. Entry to the Amstel Cold Tub Pub is only permitted to those with a valid ticket reservation. A ticket reservation does not guarantee entry. The Amstel Cold Tub Pub is open at Unit 30, Royal Opera Arcade, 5b Pall Mall, London SW1Y 4UY between 1pm and 7pm on Saturday 29th July, and 12pm and 6pm on Sunday 30th July 2017.
3. 144 Tickets will be released across the two day event. Ticket reservations will operate on a first-come-first-served basis. Once all ticket reservations have been allocated the reservations page will no longer accept reservations. Each visitor will be granted a 30-minute slot at the Cold Tub Pub. They will be permitted to spend a maximum of 10 minutes in a cold tub. Each visitor to the Cold Tub Pub will receive 1 x 300ml bottle of Amstel during their visit.
5. Ticket reservations must be made personally. Reservations made through agents/third parties, bulk reservations or automated reservations are invalid. No multiple reservations from a single IP address will be valid. No reservations submitted via any other means will be accepted. The Promoter cannot guarantee uninterrupted or secure access to the web entry route. Any mechanical reproduction or automated reservations are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. Proof of submitting a reservation is not proof of receipt by the Promoter. The Promoter is not responsible for lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible or delayed reservations, such reservations will be void.
6. Individuals that are successful in securing a ticket reservation will receive an e-mail confirmation from Billetto confirming their reservation. If successful individuals have not received this e-mail they should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be no paper tickets. Successful individuals with a reservation are required to bring a print-out of their confirmation email, or show it on a smartphone, at the door. Proof of age identification will also be required for anyone entering the premises.
7. By entering the Cold Tub Pub premises all visitors consent to photography, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, promotional purposes, advertising, inclusion on websites, or any other purpose by the Promoter its affiliates and representatives. You release the Promoter, its partners and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication of photographs, video and/or sound recordings. Photographers and videographers at the event will be identified as such by wearing badges.
8. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability, for any injury sustained, loss, or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Event, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference; or any tax liability incurred by any attendee.
9. The Promoter shall not be held liable for systems failures at Billetto either via the signing up process or in the allocation of each successful ticket reservation; neither can they be held responsible for the acts or omissions of other third parties involved in this Promotion.
10. The Promoter may add, withdraw or substitute artistes and/or vary advertised programmes, event times, and venue capacity without prior notice.
11. The Promoter and the venue owner may postpone, cancel, interrupt or stop the event due to adverse weather, dangerous situations, or any other causes beyond their reasonable control.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any reservations that they believe to be fraudulent or based on misconduct.
14. There is no cash or other alternative to the ticket reservations in whole or in part. Reservations are not transferable. The Promoter reserves the right to reclaim the reservation if it is transferred.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this promotion due to events or circumstances arising beyond its control.
17. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of these terms and conditions will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction. The Promoter and Heineken UK Limited encourage responsible drinking and would direct consumers to read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/ for more information.
18. Please note that the Promoter, and any associated suppliers, accept no responsibility and cannot be held liable for any resulting injuries or other ill-effects that guests experience as a result of visiting the Cold Tub Pub or partaking in the ice-bath experience. Guests will be asked to sign a disclaimer form upon entry to confirm they enter the Cold Tub Pub premises at their own risk.
Promoter: Cow PR LLP (Registered Number OC319194) whose registered office is at 15 Bermondsey Square, London, SE1 3UN.